I love sneakers and I studied journalism in college once I finished high school. My professors and classmates at my college knew me as “The Shoe Guy.” This nickname only made sense because of five things.
1. I came to school with a different pair of kicks on almost everyday
2. I worked at Footlocker for an entire year
3. I ran a YouTube channel called “Sneaker Talk”
4. I came to school with shoes to sell before class, after class, and you guessed it during class
5. My classmates would catch me on sneaker blogs and shopping online when I really shouldn’t have been
Quite frankly I’d be worried if I got a different nickname. In college I had a class all about documentaries and in this class I of course had to make one myself.
Because I loved sneakers so much it only made sense that my documentary be on them. However, my professor Doug Grant was against the idea at first, he wanted me to think “outside the box” and to “get out of my comfort zone.”
My mind was set and there was no chance I’d change it.
I proved my professor wrong, he really enjoyed it and ended up submitting it to a few contests. The audience at the “Doc Fest” loved it too and so I figure why not share it with as many people as possible.
This is my short documentary “Life of a Sneakerhead.”
One thought on “Life of a Sneakerhead”
Reblogged this on 3:00am & Conscious.