2017 was an amazing year for the Canadian sneaker scene as we continued to grow as a community and also as creators. It brought us countless priceless opportunities to work on creative projects and build relationships with all of the amazing people and brands that supported us throughout the year.
2017 featured some of the most memorable projects in recent years with numerous collaborations taking the top headlines of the year. Influential creatives were given the opportunity to make their vision a reality, from “The Ten” collection by Nike & Virgil Abloh of Off-White to all of the Kith projects by Ronnie Fieg with Nike, adidas, New Balance, and more.
The Brag Affair team wanted to thank all of you from the bottom of our heart for all of your continuous support. We got together to pay homage and share some of our highlights of 2017 to kick off the new year.
• Top 3 Most Worn Sneakers: Air Jordan 1 “Royal”, adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 “Beluga V1”, Nike Flyknit Racer “Multicolour 2.0”
• Top 3 Releases of 2017: Air Jordan 1 “The Ten”, Nike Air Max 97 “Silver Bullet”, adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 “Beluga V2” (first Confirmed app release in Montreal)
• Top 3 Pickups: Air Jordan 1 “New Love”, Air Jordan 1 DMP “Celtics”, Kith x adidas Soccer Copa Ultra Boost 17.1
• Top 3 Brands: Jordan Brand, adidas, Nike
• Top 3 Collaborations: Kith x Coca Cola, Kith x Nike/Scottie Pippen, adidas x Pharrell Human Race
• Best Sneaker Moments:
1. Being invited to participate in several Foot Locker Canada projects & features
2. Meeting & hanging out with Jean Khalife, adidas Brooklyn Farm concept creator
• Top 3 Most Worn Sneakers: Nike Air VaporMax “Multicolour”, Air Jordan 4 “White Cement”, Nike Flyknit Racer “Multicolour 2.0”
• Top 3 Releases of 2017: Nike Air Force 1 “Roc-A-Fella”, Air Jordan 1 “The Ten”, Air Jordan 4 “Kaws”
• Top 3 Pickups: Nike Air VaporMax “Multicolour”, Air Jordan 1 “Bred”, Air Jordan 1 “Royal”
• Top 3 Brands: Nike, Jordan Brand, Converse
• Top 3 Collaborations: Nike x Off-White, Nike x Roc-A-Fella, Nike x Staple
• Best Sneaker Moments:
1. Brag Summit in Montreal brought together some amazing Canadians from the sneaker community.
2. Building countless relationships with numerous brands and fellow creators.
• Top 3 Most Worn Sneakers: Converse x Fragment Design Chuck Taylor 2, Air Jordan 1 “Black Toe”, Nike Kobe AD “Black/White”
• Top 3 Releases of 2017: Off-White x Air Jordan 1 “The Ten”, Kaws x Air Jordan 4, adidas Yeezy Boost 700 “Wave Runner”
• Top 3 Pickups: Ronnie Fieg x ASICS Gel Lyte 3 “Salmon Toe”, Ronnie Fieg x ASICS Gel Lyte 3 “Homage”, Air Jordan 1 DMP “Bred”
• Top 3 Brands: Nike, adidas, Converse
• Top 3 Collaborations: Off-White x Nike “The Ten”, Kanye West x adidas “Wave Runner”, Supreme x Nike Air More Uptempo “Suptempo”
• Best Sneaker Moments: The Brag summit in Montreal, the largest gathering of our team I’ve been apart of, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Calgary represented, was so good to chill with everyone in one space at the same time. Shoutout to the squad that didn’t make it but were there in spirit.
*Honourable mention, Alvin from CGS trip to Calgary and recording his interview with Lex from Lex Ave, so dope to see a couple of my good friends connect for the first time.
• Top 3 Most Worn Sneakers: adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 “Red Stripe”, adidas NMD R2 “Trace Cargo”, adidas EQT Support OG.
• Top 3 Releases of 2017: Air Jordan 1 “Royal”, adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 “Zebra”, adidas Ultra Boost Mid “Run Thru Time”.
• Top 3 Pickups: adidas EQT Support 93/17 Triple Black, Hanon x Onitsuka TIger Colorado Eighty-Five “Wildcats ll”, adidas NMD R2 White Mountaineering (Blue)
• Top 3 Brands: Nike, adidas, Jordan Brand
• Top 3 Collaborations: Off-White x Nike Air Presto “The Ten”, Kaws x Air Jordan 4 (Grey), Atmos x Nike Air Max 1
• Best Sneaker Moment: It all started from a phone call from my wife asking “Did you order MORE sneakers”?. I replied with “No”. She said that there is a sticker from FedEx on our door with my name on it. I was confused as i did not order or expect anything from anyone. I get home and grab the tag left at the door and head to my local FedEx to pick up this mystery Item. Low and behold the mystery box was coming from……..NIKE TORONTO! A complete surprise, the excitement i felt will be hard to top. I open up the box and inside a note that i will never forget. The note read… “Mike, Welcome to the family! Nike Toronto #SwooshFam”. I open the orange Nike box inside the package and a fresh pair of Nike Air Max 97 Metallic Gold waiting for me. I could not have been more happy in that exact moment and that is why this is my Best Sneaker Moment.
• Top 3 Most Worn Sneakers: adidas NMD “Tri-Colour Pack”, Air Jordan 1 DMP “Bred”, adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 “Core White”
• Top 3 Releases of 2017: Off-White x Air Jordan 1 “The Ten”, Air Jordan 12 “Black OVO”, Air Jordan 1 “Top 3 Gold”
• Top 3 Pickups: adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 “Zebra”, Off-White x Air Jordan 1 “The Ten”, Nike x Air Jordan Atmos Pack
• Top 3 Brands: adidas, Jordan Brand, Nike
• Top 3 Collaborations: Off-White x Nike “The Ten”, Supreme x Louis Vuitton, Kaws x Jordan
• Best Sneaker Moment: Personally, 2017 was filled with several great sneaker pickups, as well as several great sneaker moments that contributed significantly to the culture. But none of those moments were more meaningful to me than finding out that my wife and I have a baby on the way, and that I would soon have a child of my own to match sneakers with. I’ve collected a bunch of baby sneakers over the years in hopes of being able to share my passion with my soon-to- be son or daughter.